Whether you’re a struggling writer, or just studying to be one, you probably know that there’s a lot of rejection in your future. But don’t be dismayed, rejection happens even to the best. Here are 50 well-respected writers who were told no several times, but didn’t give up.
- Dr. Seuss: Here you’ll find a list of all the books that Dr. Seuss’ publisher rejected.
- William Golding: William Golding’s Lord of the Flies was rejected 20 times before becoming published.
- James Joyce: James Joyce’s Ulysses was judged obscene and rejected by several publishers.
- Isaac Asimov: Several of Asimov’s stories were rejected, never sold, or eventually lost.
- John le Carre: John le Carre’s first novel, The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, was passed along because le Carre “hasn’t got any future.”
Click here to read the rest of this story